Information Architect/User Experience Designer2011–presentConsultantSeattle, WA
- Designed a metadata schema and developed a metadata application profile following the Dublin Core Application Profile Guidelines.
- Researched and wrote user experience design standards.
- Improved search and navigation by researching, recommending, and implementing improvements to site taxonomy.
- Assisted in development of content management plan; conducted content inventory.
Technical Communications Manager2007–2011Herrera Environmental Consultants, Inc.Seattle, WA
- Managed a team of 18 IT, word processing, technical editing, GIS, and graphics professionals supporting 100 busy engineers and scientists as they produced over 400 documents a year, from 2-page memos to 500-page manuals and reports.
- Designed and implemented intranet site and company website.
- Developed procedures, designed processes, and documented workflows.
- Project managed a $600,000 office remodel project, including planning, logistics, and communication for moving 100 employees in four phases over 14 weeks.
- Managed an annual IT budget of approximately $400,000.
- Delivered occasional internal presentations on a variety of technology and information management topics.
Support Specialist2005–2007Herrera Environmental Consultants, Inc.Seattle, WA
- Assisted with contract review, contract compliance, invoice review, and progress reporting.
- Created graphics for technical reports and for marketing, including vicinity maps, sampling location maps, cut sheets, logos, and posters.
Information Architect and Historian 2003–2005TheLouvertureProject.orgSeattle, WA
- Designed, and implemented a MediaWiki site about the Haitian revolution of 1791–1804.
- Researched and developed original content, structured and organized information, and guided outside contributors.
Office Manager2001–2003LYV Enterprises, Inc. Bellevue, WA
- Managed the office, supported the sales manager, and provided customer service to students.
General Manager1999–2000Impact Entertainment GroupOrlando, FL
- Wrote, directed, and produced custom corporate entertainment and educational events.
- Consulted to event planners on casting, logistics, and event development.
Director of Corporate Entertainment1997–1999SAK Theatre CompanyOrlando, FL
- Conceived, wrote, directed, and produced customized events for numerous corporate clients.
- Generated repeat business by exceeding client expectations while working within a limited budget.
- Participated in regular strategic planning sessions to direct the artistic and operational aims of the company.
Performer, Group lead, Workshop Leader, Writer, Director1994–1999
Walt Disney WorldOrlando, FL
- Acted in several Equity principal stage roles.
- Developed original comedic theatrical material.
- Developed and delivered improv and team building workshops for cast members and visiting performers.
- Wrote and directed a corporate entertainment production for Disney Business Productions.
Performer, Casting Consultant, Workshop Leader1991–2000
Universal OrlandoOrlando, FL
- Acted in multiple principal stage roles at the Universal Orlando theme park.
- Conducted improvisation auditions for the theme park.
- Developed and delivered improv and team building workshops for employees.